Saturday, August 18, 2007

On The Drawing Board: A handle on hands

After tackling faces, usually the thing I am most concerned about are hands. They are still something that I dread doing. They are so complex and detailed so it's hard to get a handle on them. Too much detail and they may look bony and old, not enough and they look like paws. Sometimes they are too 'claw' like. Plus they are intricate and hard to work on. One blend with my finger and I can turn a detailed finger into a hot dog.

2 comments:

Sh@ney said...

You certainly pull it off from a viewers perspective. I could sit for hours looking through your work and gauranteed I would not find any flaws. I guess as an artist you would be your own worst critic. I still think it is amazing what you can do.

Jessica said...

WOW. I think this will turn out magnificently.