Wednesday, March 07, 2007

On The Drawing Board: Seeing Red

Someone recently pointed out to me that I have never painted a redhead. We all have our personal tastes so that is the only way I can explain it.

The more I thought about it though the more I liked the idea. I remember a fraternal set of red haired twins from high school that were a couple grades ahead of me and both kind of hot.

Running with that inspiration I came up with this concept for my latest work: a hunky Irish rugby player stripped and hanging out in a locker room.

Quite a bit of work ahead of me as you can tell, but I see plenty of potential.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael,
Red heads as young men have red beards,not black.

Art of Breyette said...

Thanks for the tip. I've been trying to figure out the best way to illustrate the eyebrows, whiskers, and lashes so they are 'reddish' but still show up. I'm going for a more auburn red, rather than the orangey red.

It's still in an early stage, so plenty will change. I've totally erased and re-done the eyes today.

Anonymous said...

Michael,

Thanks for your good artwork.
Your auburn red will be striking.
All body hair should match, every
place ! Your subject's eyes are so
perfect and beautiful, your are the master of the eyes, the eyes always have it !
Lets see what comes next. I hope you know how much we your fans enjoy your sharing your updates with us !!! :-)
A> Fan

Art of Breyette said...

Thanks Fan,

Don't get too attached to what you see in these in progress posts, as nothing is permanant 'til the whole things is finished.

BTW, the carpet will match the drapes!