Friday, March 02, 2007

"Wet Dream"

I know it took me a bit longer to release a new work but commissions usually take more time. I have to come up with something that includes certain elements that the customer wants, as well as please them (which I am happy to say they are) with the results. Plus I had my trip to Las Vegas and the resulting under-the-weather feeling that is only now going away. But I really enjoyed working on this piece that I am calling, "Wet Dream". I will have prints available to purchase from my website www.studio1088.com later today.

One of my favorite aspects of taking on a commission is how it nudges me to interpret and explore an area I didn't come up with entirely on my own. I like being presented with a concept and then being allowed to add my own take on it, like I was able to do here with "Wet Dream" and in pieces such as "Ace" and "The Baths".

The customer was very open and easy to work with, requiring a couple with certain features and the setting of their backyard pool. The idea of the couple in or around a pool made me think of those vintage William Higgins gay erotic films from the early 80's like "California Summer" or "Class Reunion".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all love "Wet Dreams", they make a wonderful splish, don't they !

Does the paying subject get a big bone-us ? The pool water must have been nice and worm..........
I hope so, what about "Naked?" I think that the boss got his great one for free !
:-))
A. N.