Sunday, December 31, 2006

Farewell 2006...

It's time for the inevitable look back at the year that just ended. I never quite know what each year will bring. I never would have thought that by the end of 2006 I would have my work published in a book, let alone three! First, to be included in "Stripped" along side some very big names in gay art (Steve Walker, Ross Watson, Patrick Fillion, Glen Hanson etc.) was tremendous. But then being selected to have a book of all my own work published by Bruno Gmünder Verlag topped even that. My book "Summer Moved On" will be released in Europe in February and the US in April. I also was selected to have my work showcased in another book due this spring, "The World's Greatest Erotic Art of Today". If that wasn't enough, this fall a sex positive apparel company, Strange Affections, opted to put some of my works on their T-Shirts.

I was not quite as prolific in terms of the number of works I created this year. I completed 24 compared with last years 26, still that's not too bad. I don't know if followers of my art notice an improvement in the caliber of my work, but I do. I did manage to get my calendar put together and available much earlier and was pleased to find a self publishing company that did not have restrictions (frontal nudity) on content. I even managed to squeeze in an exhibit in wonderfully gay friendly, Provincetown. The shop/gallery Little Gorgeous Things was very pleased with my work and opted to carry some of my prints and other merchandise year round. So if your out on the tip of Cape Cod, please check them out. I hope to do a solo show their sometime during peak season, perhaps July or August. I'll definitely send out invitations for that! Also while in P-Town, stop by The Porchside Bar, at the Gifford House on Carver Street, barkeep/owner and great guy, Gregg, has purchased numerous prints, a couple originals and dec'd out the bar with them.

I am optimistic about what all this new exposure will bring, allowing me to keep earning a living at something I truly enjoy. I also look forward to more emails from those of you who connect with my "cute little drawings of naked men" and share your thoughts, stories and experiences with me.

Here's to 2007 and whatever it may bring. Best wishes to you!

No comments: