Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Guilty Pleasure

A Jennifer Anniston 'look-a-like' with Style Team member Jeff Altenburg.

When I am working on a picture and I am tired of listening to music I put the TV on in the background. I like to put on a 'fluff' show, nothing heavy or with a complex story that needs to be followed. One of my current favorites is "Look-A-Like" on the TV Guide Channel. Each episode an ordinary person that has a vague resemblance to a celebrity gets made over into that celebrity by the 'Style Team'. The team consists of a hair stylist, make-up artist, wardrobe person and the photographer for the climactic photo shoot finalé. What gives me the biggest kick is how the Style Team has to 'meet the challenge' and wonders if they 'can pull it off', and every episode they just manage to succeed and then pat each other on the back at the wonderful job each of them did. It's oddly addictive. 95% of the time the make-overs are women, but once in a while they have a male look-a-like such as Justin Timberlake or Colin Farrell.

Viewing note: If you have DirecTV and not cable you luckily don't have half the screen taken up by the programming guide.

No comments: