Friday, September 12, 2008

On The Drawing Board: Riding in Cars With Boys


It's been awhile since I've done a piece with a face that's as big or bigger than life. It's a nice change of pace and very different than working on a face that's only 3 to 4 inches high. A face has so many subtleties that when working on something small, the slightest change in a line or rub of a finger can drastically change the expression.

I am toying with the idea of blurring the background and to a degree all the other elements that are behind the primary figure in order to put even more focus on him...I'll see where it takes me.

2 comments:

Aman Chaudhary said...

Excited to see how this turns out!

Art of Breyette said...

Me too Aman! They don't always turn out how I picture. They evolve along the way.