Friday, July 27, 2007

Listen While I Work: My Top 10 July 27, 2007



Yes, THAT Shirley Bassey! The Welsh born singer mostly known for her James Bond theme songs "Goldfinger" 1964 and "Diamonds Are Forever" 1971. And yes, THAT "Get This Party Started", the 2002 song by Pink. Strangely the two go very very well together. At 70, Shirley's voice is as powerful as ever and brings a whole new dimension to the song. The arrangement is spectacular, filled with horns reminiscent of the old Bond films but not dated. This cover should bring many new fans, count me in, to Dame Shirley Bassey.

It debuts this week at #4, which is something, because my full list is a top 30. I only post the top 10 songs here each week. Those that I list as a 'debut' have typically moved up from between #11-#30.

  1. "Lovestoned / I Think She Knows" - Justin Timberlake
  2. "Proud (Josh Harris Pride ReMix)" - Heather Small
  3. "Sunday Girl (Riffs & Rays Club Edit)" - Erasure
  4. "Get This Party Started" - Dame Shirley Bassey
  5. "One Wish" - Roxette
  6. "Love Today" - Mika
  7. "Your Kisses are Wasted on Me" - The Pipettes
  8. "Rain Down Love" - Freemasons ft. Siedah Garrett
  9. "Cry For You (Jackal Remix Short)" - September
  10. "Lovelight" - Robbie Williams
Green denotes new top 10 entry.
Song links will take you to the iTunes listing if you have iTunes on your computer

No comments: