Thursday, September 02, 2010

"Illustrated Men" Print Version - Out Now!

A thousand words, a single picture... Since artists are often called upon to turn prose into a visual for such things as book covers, I wondered, would writers be able to pick up the creative torch and run in the opposite direction? I had little doubts they could and it got me excited wondering what they would come up with for my own pastel paintings. So with that it mind I though it would be fun to launch a contest and invite friends, fans of my art, amateur scribes, professionals writers, really anyone who wanted, to pick a painting from my body of work and build a short story around it. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. I wanted to find out if that was true. 

Stories written by: L. John Williams, Todd Schoonover, Veronica, Aleksandr Voinov & Marquesate, Linda Schnelle, John Stewart, George Seaton, Gabriel Morgan, Alan Bennett Ilagan, Todd Peissig, Harold Dixon, Justin Shepherd, Clare London, and Michael Breyette.

Pick up a copy today at Amazon.com

3 comments:

Nigel said...

Amazon -- useless wankers! -- said they can't ship it to Australia? WHAAAT?

I'll try ordering it from MLR.

Sigh.

Art of Breyette said...

That weird. But I think the MLR link just takes you to Amazon.

Anonymous said...

This is really exciting. It's all linked up on my blog. The eBook is available through MLR, the printed book is available through Amazon. Thanks, Michael, for letting me be part of this project. XOXO