Thursday, July 17, 2008

Server Error

I am sorry, yet again, for the shoddy performance of my webhosting company, EMC. If you tried to access my studio1088.com or breyette.com site over the past 3 days you most likely encountered this:

Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

JRun closed connection.


As is always the case, they were fixing or tweaking something without notifying me. Every time they fix what isn't broken they manage to make the site not work. Of course this always happens when I have something going on. This time it was the pre-order of the 2009 calendar, (and thanks to the dozens of you who did manage to place your orders). The site went down a couple times on Tuesday, then was down for 15 hours yesterday. This morning it's down yet again.

Yes, I've bitched about EMC for their buffoonery and their pompousness (they always seem to know best even when they are wrong). Now I'm not a sadist. I have a new hosting company. But rather than just move the site over, Mark is taking this opportunity to build a whole new site from the ground up. So we want to make sure it's ready and working before switching over. But, I cannot wait to not have to deal with EMC ever again.

So if you're wanting to pre-order the calendar, buy something else, or just browse my site, rest assured that it will be back up. If you are on my newsletter list I'll be sending out an email to let you know when things seem to be okay. I had planned to send one out today... we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: