Thursday, July 24, 2008

On The Drawing Board: The Latest Buzz

A nice rainy day with not a lot of other obligations or business matters to attend to, allowed me to spend quite a few hours on actual art work!

It felt great and I needed a nice relaxed day. I also needed to put things back into perspective. When it comes to my art work, I have found that I do it because I enjoy it. When it's not joyful it just becomes a job. I have to feel passionate about the pieces I do. I can't feel obligated to produce more, or try and churn out images that I think will appeal to buyers. I just have to do what I want to do. That's something I've always tried to maintain. My mind may get distracted by outside forces from time to time, but I just remind myself of what it's about, not money or pleasing others, but rather about enjoying what I am doing and that puts me back on track.

No comments: