Monday, February 04, 2008

On The Drawing Board: Old is New Again

I was going through some stuff and came across this piece that I started many many years ago. I just refer to it as 'the butterfly guy'. It's moved with me several times. Surprisingly, despite not really, trying to protect it, it is in rather good condition. I never thought I would finish it, but something has inspired me to try. I don't really do 'fantasy' pieces save for the Halloween works that I do on occasion, so perhaps the appeal is doing something different, something I haven't really incorporated in my work in years.

I've already figured out the background and have started working on his face. I see many little improvements I can make, things I've learned over the years, that will make him look much better.

So far it's turning out to be a whole lot of fun!

No comments: