Monday, November 27, 2006

Meet Mimi


I've only had Mimi for about a year and a half. She's mostly Himalayan, flat faced, long fur everywhere and quite a personality. She's the most jealous cat I've ever met, and likes to chatter. Thankfully her meow is a pleasant little trill. She's not big on being petted but if I'm petting my other cat Hazel, Mimi has to come over and get her scritches too. She was abandoned with her 4 kittens at the vet hospital where my bf works and was emaciated weighing 5 lbs at the time (two of her kittens survived and found good homes). When I saw Mimi, I loved her attitude and despite that long hair, took her home. Unfortuately she was just diagnosed with lymphoma. She's doing well on steroids, though they won't cure her, they will extend her time. It's hard news to take but I find some comfort knowing I've provided her with a nice home and affection these 18 months or so, time she might not have had (and get) otherwise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Mimi. I'm sure if she could, she would thank you for all that you have done for her.

Sh@ney said...

I know I am digging into the shadows of your blog corner, but I am a moggie lover, absolute & unconditionally...Sheekah has been with me for 10 years now & I was a little saddened when I read this post. My very first kitty died after only 3 years, she becme very ill, quite suddenly & at the time I had no money to help fix her up so I had to have her put down. it broke my heart. I can understand how you would have felt Michael..Yet so sweet that she was able to get alot of love and pampering through you as apposed to being left to struggle on the streets!...xox

Art of Breyette said...

Thanks for your kind words. I still get teary-eyed thinking of Mimi. I miss her.