Thursday, April 02, 2009

on the drawing board: exploring

Yes, I am already on to another piece.  I'm working hard to fill up the wall space for my impending show - less than 100 days away.  But rather than feeling I am just churning out stuff, I am digging deeper, exploring other areas.  I am really enjoying the challenge and seeing my art pushed and pulled in new directions.

Some of the inspirations that I am drawing from on this piece are, The Grapes of Wrath, the idea that it's time for change, Oklahoma!, The Wizard of Oz.

2 comments:

M. said...

How is it that you managed to draw the perfect representation of my dream guy? And when I'm saying that I'm not referring only to his looks, and hair, and body and eye...but also to his facial expresion, the direction of his sight, the position of his lips, the fact that his face if far from perfectly proportioned, but extremely beautiful and so on!

Art of Breyette said...

i guess it's just my gift, a gift to you :-)