Thursday, November 06, 2008

Great Trip, Bad Ending


Costa Rica was great, but it's good to be home. The trip was a lot of fun, we got to do and see things we've never done or seen before.

Unfortunately I think I ate some bad shrimp on our last night and got very sick on the trip back. I was in the tiny airplane restroom for much of the flight from San José to Miami. I had the shakes, chills and collapsed once. The flight crew was ready to have fire and rescue meet the plane in Miami.

I made it through customs, and thanks to all the folks that let me cut the line. We had a nice long lay over in Miami, which is the one time I really appreciated that because I did not want to get back on the plane to Boston at that point.

Edward took good care of me keeping me warm, getting me Pepto, Immodium, tea, Gatorade and H2O, and eventually a wheelchair because I had no strength to stand.

Once I warmed up and my intestines settled down, I fell asleep from exhaustion in the airport and slept through most of the flight back to Boston.

I am still a bit under the weather but feel sooooo much better today.

I'll post some of the pics we took in Costa Rica soon.

1 comment:

The Dreamer said...

Man! You're so lucky! Such a nice-cute boyfriend! Will you paint something about your trip? :P

It seems you had so much fun and saw a lot of hotties :P

I love your work! :P