Monday, September 14, 2009

MS Challenge Walk 2009 - Success!

My 'Keep on Dancin' team mates doing jazz hands, Jenny, Edward, Sheila, Mary Ellen and Annie.

Yesterday I crossed the finish line in the MS Challenge Walk on Cape Cod. I and my team walked 50 miles over three days to help find a cure and fight multiple sclerosis. We had sore feet, sore legs, aching knees and ankles, a few blisters. Sure we complained along the way, but when we are greeted at the end by those who have MS and can only walk a few yards, or not at all, or realize we are walking along side someone with MS and who faces the prospect of one day not being able to just walk across a room, all that pain and complaining is dissolved with their smile. That's when you realize why your walking and for whom.

I want to give a big thank you from myself, my team and everyone living with MS, for your thoughts, well wishes and certainly your donations.

I walk especially for and with my friend Jenny who was diagnosed a few years ago. She's really into ballroom dancing. She loves it, and I walk so she can 'keep on dancin''. She's also a veterinarian, and though the numbness and tingling she gets in her hands keeps her from doing surgery she keeps going, having dedicated herself to helping our furred and feathered friends.

Yes the 2009 walk just ended and yes I'm still sore, but my teammates and I, including Jenny, already signed up for next years walk! If you'd like to help us get a jump start on reaching our goal, you can make your donation now.

Any amount, great or small, helps to make a difference in the lives of people living with MS. I appreciate your support and look forward to letting you know how I do next year.

Donate to the 2010 MS Challenge Walk.

No comments: