Monday, August 09, 2010

on the drawing board: linens and things

Sometimes it's just too hot for covers.  I think that's where part of the inspiration for this piece comes from.  It has been a warm one here in the north east US, high heat and the dreaded humidity.  

While there is always a certain amount of fun working on a figure, the other elements in a piece evoke a few other emotions.  I am not sure which causes me more angst, doing something detailed and specific like the motorcycle in "Rough Riders", or the linens that make up the entire background of this piece.  I don't have to be very specific with the sheets, I can 'wing' all the folds.  While it is more free form, it's is repetitive. It may not be as fun as a figure, but I like the challenge and the end result is worth the effort.

No comments: