The outrageous Jennifer Coolidge as Hot Cocoa, a white rapper who wants plastic surgery to become black, on an episode of Nip/Tuck.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
I know some people like to trash Valentine's Day, but I guess the homo-romantic in me still likes the idea. I think it serves as a reminder that every once in a while it's nice to make a little extra effort to give your loved one some special attention.
In my attempt to share the love, my portfolio prints are 15% off through February 14th. So you can treat your loved one, or treat yourself!
I am also including a free greeting card that you can give to your sweetie, featuring Natural Wonder, with the order of any size print shipping within the United States.
Visit my online gallery at www.breyette.com
Thursday, January 29, 2009
The colors I used in the mask included, white, light yellow, deep yellow, dark umber, sienna, green, peach, ochre, orange and gray.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
In an effort to cut costs and increase profit for shareholders the company has opted to degrade the quality of their product and add more unhealthy vegetable oils to consumers diets.
Earlier, chocolate industry lobbyist attempted to sway the FDA to change the definition of chocolate to allow them to substitute vegetable oils for cocoa butter. The FDA ruled on the side of public outcry and did not make the change.
Hershey has removed the words 'milk chocolate' and substituted words like 'chocolate candy', 'made with chocolate' or 'chocolatey'.
Ray Peat, Ph.D., a physiologist who has studied hormones and dietary fats since 1968 says, the polyunsaturated fatty acids or PUFAs in vegetable seed oils are the bane of human health — they actually cause cancer, diabetes, obesity, aging, thrombosis, arthritis, and immunodeficiencies. Their only appropriate use, he says, is as ingredients in paints and varnishes.
Monday, January 19, 2009
I'll have a few of my works on display as well, so if you're in the Detroit area check it out.
February 6, OPENING NIGHT
Friday Evening - 7:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday Evening - 7:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday DAYTIME Only - 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Friday Evening - 7:00pm - 2:00am
February 14, Valentine's Closing Celebration
Saturday Evening - 7:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Thursday night President George W. Bush gave his farewell address, managing to complete two full terms no thanks to a complacent and useless Congress.
Here's a quick list of the Bush Administration Legacy:
- No WMD's
- No Link between Saddam and Al Queada
- Failure to find Bin Laden
- Hurricane Katrina
- Illegal Wiretapping
- Valerie Plame Outing
- Abu Grhaib
- Premature departure from Afghanistan
- Stock Market Collapse due to deregulation
- Patriot Act
- Loss of Habeas Corpus
- US Attorney Firings
- 9/11 Commission limitations and manipulation
- Department of Homeland Security
- Tom Delay
- Bush Tax Cuts for Wealthy
- Global Warming misinformation
- 9/11 Report Incompleteness
- Terry Schiavo
- 2000 Election improperly Awarded by Courts
- 2004 Election rigged by Diebold
- Alberto Gonzales
- Stem Cell research ban
- FDA Rigging
- Signing Statements
- Mistreatment at Walter Reed Hospital
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Way out in the back field is the old abandoned barn. That’s where he found them, a stash of late ‘80’s gay porn mags. Now, whenever his chores take him back there he takes them out from under the floor boards where he’s hidden them and gets off. It’s his place and his time. If they only knew…if anyone knew…the hard bodied all-American farmhand, fantasizing about these hot pretty boys, staring back at him smiling, naked, inviting…
As with my previous work, my latest, "Farmhand", will be a part of my upcoming show The Breathtaking Blue. The original is on consignment at the Lyman-Eyer Gallery. It is available for purchase, but will remain with the gallery through the end of my show in July.
Limited edition Gallery and Studio prints, as well as open edition portfolio prints, are available for purchase. The Day of Issue Sale ends at midnight Thursday January 15th.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
The wonderful Sigourney Weaver stars in this true story about a 1970s religious suburban housewife and mother who struggles to accept her young son Bobby being gay. What happens to Bobby is tragic and causes Mary to question her faith; ultimately this mom changes her views in ways that she never could have imagined. Premiering Saturday January 24th at 9pm/8c on Lifetime.
It's this kind of story that illustrates to me the unnecessary cruelty and pain caused by religion. Even the mantra "love the sinner, hate the sin" that some adopt to convince themselves they are a good person, invites intolerance and prejudice. Those in turn lead to violence, discrimination, the limiting or rights, then left unchallenged even criminalization and genocide. It's history's pattern. The craziest part is that homosexuality is as natural and harmless as heterosexuality. It's a long shot, but perhaps one day more people will actually use their minds and be able grasp that.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Most of the time it's seems like one day is just followed by another and there is not a lot of forward momentum. But then you have those moments, like the first time I had a piece of my art featured in a magazine, when Bruno Gmünder published "Summer Moved On", or Lyman-Eyer Gallery took me on full time. Sometimes it's not even the event itself, like when I had quit my day job. It wasn't the act of quitting, it was later when I had to fill out a form that asked my occupation and I wrote 'artist' for the first time.
Any way I had another one of those moments today, in the form of a little simple note. I think the timing was important. I just needed that little pick-me-up that it provided. It was in an email from Jerry Vile, the creator and director of the Dirty Show, an exhibit I was invited to participate in.
- That made my day.
Jerry Vile is the creator and director of the infamous Dirty Show®, considered to be the largest erotic art exhibition in the world. Now in its tenth year, the Dirty Show is expanding globally with simultaneous opening events planned for most continents. Vile and his Dirty Show® cohorts (Jeremy H and Gary A) believe that “erotica is perhaps the final frontier in the art world” and are continually seeking artists who will take the erotica to the next level.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
I've had an experience like this before. The client lays out the basic concept to me, and leads me to believe I have some creative input, but in reality they have a very specific idea of what they want. Perhaps it's a control issue, which makes it difficult, because I need some leeway to do my job.
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
While I do try to plan my pictures before I start on what will be the finished, I often think of things after I've begun that hadn't occurred to me. For instance giving this farm hand a 'farmer's tan'. It's one of those 'duh' moments when I realize how perfect and obvious it should have been.
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Monday, January 05, 2009
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Thursday, January 01, 2009
1. Let Go (Single Edit) - Paul van Dyk (ft. Rea Garvey)
2. Money - Daggers (no sample)
3. Apologize - Michael Christopher
4. This Boy’s in Love - The Presets
5. Into the Nightlife - Cyndi Lauper
6. Underneath (RedTop Radio Edit) - Alanis Morissette
7. Yes We Can - Boy George
8. Bonafied Lovin’ - Chromeo
9. Keep on Rising - Ian Carey ft. Michelle Shellers (no sample)
10. No More Rain - Kylie Minogue
11. He Keeps Me Alive (Skateboard Remix) - Sally Shapiro
12. Listen All You People - Darren Hayes
13. Big Girl Now - New Kids on the Block & Lady GaGa
14. Touch My Body (Haji & Emanuel Edit) - Mariah Carey
15. Relax, Take it Easy - Mika
16. Every Word (Wendel Kos Radio Edit) - Ercola ft. Daniella
17. Juliet of the Spirits - The B-52’s
18. Miles Away - Madonna
19. Simple Man Wishing - Bosson (no sample)
20. Out There on the Ice - Cut Copy
21. Sandcastle Disco - Solange
22. Pocket Full of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield
23. Foundations - Kate Nash
24. Because I Love You - September (no sample)
25. Beautiful (Hex Hector’s Vocal Mix) - Taylor Dayne
26. Stamp Your Feet - Donna Summer
27. How I Could Just Kill a Man - Charlotte Sometimes
28. Lights & Music - Cut Copy
29. Just Dance - Lady GaGa ft. Colby O’Donis
30. Cheap and Cheerful - The Kills
31. Wow - Kylie Monogue
32. Fly Away - Erasure
33. Piece of Me (Vasquez & Viscious Radio Edit) - Britney Spears
34. Anthem (ft. Eric Lumiere) - Filo & Peri
35. Right Here (Departed) - Brandy
36. I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You - Black Kids
37. A Love Thing - Stonebridge (no sample)
38. In My Arms - Kylie Minogue
39. Tempted - Duran Duran
40. Watch Out (Extended Mix) - Alex Gaudino
41. Unreal - Yello
42. Movie Star - Róisín Murphy (no sample)
43. The Bomb - Bitter:Sweet
44. Dirty Laundry - Bitter:Sweet
45. Going Wrong (ft. Chris Jones) - Armin Van Buuren &. DJ Shah
46. Rise Up (ft. Jaba) - Yves LaRock
47. Carolyna - Melanie C (no sample)
48. Disturbia - Rhianna
49. Echo - Cyndi Lauper
50. Like A Drug - Kylie Minogue